Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bold Move






I cut off all my hair. I couldn't take it anymore. Yes, Dolce Diva is now a dark caesar diva. I went to the barber shop after work, sat in the chair, told the barber what I wanted, and when he was finished I came out looking like a brand new diva.

Originally, I had planned to do the big chop on my thirtieth birthday, but I decided to move the day up. I've had enough with putting relaxers in my hair. Yes, they make your hair look fabulous, but I had to put an end to putting so much chemicals into my body. No, I am not following some hair trend. This was a life decision for me and I am happy that I did it.

People tried to convince me not to make such a bold move by cutting all my hair off, but I didn't feel like waiting until enough new growth came along so that I wouldn't look like the Gingerbread Man. I was pretty confident. I knew that my mother had done a great job at shaping my head properly as a baby, so I know that wasn't in for any surprise lumps and bumps upside my head; and even if there were any, I wouldn't have gave a damn anyway because last time I checked, I am the one who pays my bills.

Some of my friends asked if I felt liberated. Honestly, no. I don't feel liberated; however, I am further convinced that I am gorgeous. I was blessed with a face that is able to pull off any hairstyle. Long hair, short hair, braided hair, curly hair, and now no hair. I can rock 'em all! Cutting off all my hair has made me more attractive. I feel more beautiful than ever before.

Everybody loves my haircut. I have never received so many compliments in one day. The moment that will stick with me forever is when I walked into my job the day after the big chop, and my student who has alopecia and always wears a baseball cap walked up to me, took off her cap, and told me that I was beautiful. It took every fiber in my being to hold in the tears. I will cherish that moment for the rest of my days. I hope the next bold move I make will cause a similar result.

No comments:

Post a Comment