Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Friends Are Cute

I recently read a blog on Naked With Socks On titled: “Are Your Friends Cute? (They’re Not Stop Lying).” The blog asks readers if they are truthful when they tell others that their friends are cute. Blogger, Anslem Samuel, doesn’t believe that everybody has cute friends, and he’s right. Fortunately, I don’t have that dilemma. My female and male friends all possess the cute gene.

I am not talking about that conventional beauty nonsense. We are all black and beautiful men and women. Wherever we go we turn heads. I wouldn’t have a problem setting up any one of my friends on a blind date. I wouldn’t have to lie and say they looked like some gorgeous celebrity if I knew damn well they looked like a gremlin. If my friends looked like gremlins, I would not set them on any blind dates. My friends are all attractive and look good from any angle. They are not one-dimensional.

In addition to our killer good looks, we possess beautiful spirits. We all have home training, so we know how to carry ourselves in public. We’re smart; we all have college degrees. We are unique and we have class. We look good inside and out. Not too many people can truthfully say that all of their friends are cute. I, on the other hand, can put my hand on a Bible and swear that all my friends are beautiful without worrying about lightning striking me.

2 comments:

  1. Some of my friends aren't what you'd call physically attractive. But they're spirits are so on point and they're personalities are so interesting that you simply fall in love with the person.

    The character weighs more than the shell. Who cares if you're good looking if you're boring or bland or even worse an A-hole?

    Great Post!

    GT

    ReplyDelete
  2. As 1 of your cuter friends I would like to say thanx. Many people perceive their friends as cute when they actually not. That is because I believe the longer your around some one even if they arent a dime piece they seem more attractive from their outgoing personality.

    Many are blessed with looks and a great personality but Ive found myself attracted to women lower in the scale due to their ability to listen and make me laugh.

    Kudos to your friends being attractive & that said slide me some numbers...

    ReplyDelete